Inaburra has an outstanding co-curricular program in Music with a strong emphasis on performance from K-12 with opportunity for students of all levels of ability to be involved in Music making. The school offers four Concert Bands, two Stage Bands, two Choirs, four Percussion Ensembles, three String Ensembles, Saxophone Ensemble and Brass Ensemble. All school ensembles participate in many performance opportunities throughout the year, within the School community as well as locally, nationally and internationally, with the Senior ensembles having toured to Tasmania, the Gold Coast, New Zealand, the USA and Japan in recent years.
Music is a performing art and as such we place a high emphasis on the development of skill in this area. We also have a number of events throughout the year aimed at encouraging and inspiring young musicians. These include:
- Annual Music Concerts
- Concerts in combination with touring orchestras
- Elective music performance nights
- Grandparents’ Day
- Junior and Senior Assembly performances and concerts for students
- National and international tours
- Open Day / Fete performances
- Peripatetic performance nights
- Presentation events
- Music festivals and annual community events
- Workshops with professional musicians from the SSO and similar ensembles.
The school employs professional tutors and teachers to support students. Where required, the school also offers private music tuition. Tutor bookings can be made here.