Congratulations to the HSC class of 2018 at Inaburra School. Having completed their thirteen years of formal schooling, they have achieved wonderful results which reflect their positive approach to learning at Inaburra. While there are some outstanding results achieved by a number of students, there are also many students whose growth in learning and understanding is cause for celebration and we recognise and acknowledge the achievements of all of our students.
The following subjects all recorded averages that exceeded the State average by more than 10%:
Engineering Studies, Food Technology, Modern History, Music 1, Textiles and Design.
The following subjects all recorded averages that exceeded the State average by more than 5%:
Ancient History, Biology, Community and Family Studies, Design and Technology, Drama, Earth and Environmental Science, Geography, Industrial Technology, Mathematics Extension 2, Mathematics General, PDHPE and Physics.
The following subjects had 100% of students achieve a band 6 or band 5 result:
Design and Technology, English Extension 2, Food Technology, History Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, Music 1, Music 2, Textiles and Design.
Other notable aspects of the HSC results for 2018 include:
- 30% of Inaburra students achieved at least one result in the top band
- A total of 76 Band 6 results and 222 Band 5 results were recorded (56% of all results)
- Isaac Greene was placed 3rd in the state in Mathematics Extension 2
- Jessica Henley was placed 5th in the state in Earth and Environmental Science
- Matthew Winfred achieved listing on the NESA All Rounders for achieving the top band in 10 units of subjects studied
- Three students received an ATAR above 99
- Lachlan Finch was nominated for ENCORE
- Christian Kalpou was nominated for SHAPE (Design and Technology)
- Ryan O’Leary was nominated for SHAPE (Design and Technology)
- Kayla Mathew was selected for inclusion in ARTEXPRESS (Visual Arts)
The My School website profiles Inaburra School and includes details of its NAPLAN results. Click here for a direct link to the website.