Annual Book Fair: Don’t Miss It!
We are excited to be partnering with The Best Little Bookshop in Town, which is an independent bookshop in Cronulla. They are generously providing a 10% discount to all families purchasing at the Book Fair (both online and in person) and donating a further 10% to the Inaburra Junior Library.
Here are the details:
When: 2-6pm, Tuesday 27th June
Where: The Learning Commons
- Browse and buy books for your family to enjoy at home. A great range of high-quality fiction and non-fiction books will be available for purchase at a discounted price (10% off RRP). The selection will include shortlisted CBCA books, works by new Australian authors, modern classics and span across a variety of genres. There will also be a selection of Christian books suitable for children and families from Koorong.
- There will also be an opportunity to purchase some books to add to our Junior or Stage 3 Library collections or to donate money to support our collection.
- Additionally, there will be some seating areas where you can relax with your children to enjoy the new books you have purchased.
For any families with students in Senior School (or beyond!): there will be books suitable for students in Years 7-12 to browse. Purchases for these books will be online only.
- Please note that there will be no cash accepted at the Book Fair.
If you can’t attend:
Don’t worry! You can still browse and buy online. The Book Fair website is going to be active for a fortnight, from Monday 12 June to Friday 30 June. All books ordered will be delivered via the Library to students at the start of Term 3.
Purchasing via the website
Any pre-purchases will be available at the Book Fair, provided they are in stock at the bookshop, and ordered within 2 business days of the event.
If items are out of stock at the bookshop but in stock at the publishers, they will be available if ordered within 5 business days of the Book Fair.
Should you purchase any books that are out of stock, you will be notified on the day of ordering and will be advise of an ETA for a delivery to school or pickup option.
To access the 10% discount online, use the code INABURRA when logging in and purchasing. This discount code can be used for all pages on the Best Little Bookshop in Town’s website.
Literary Family Fun
New questions to get you talking:
- The scarab beetle was an important symbol in what ancient culture?
- What is the name of Mickey Mouse’s dog?
- Which boy’s mother (his name is in the title) won a complete set of Burrell’s Build-It-at-Home encyclopedias? He pored over every edition
- What fictional Marvel superhero magician wore a cloak?
- Who caused three bears a great deal of grief?
Look out for the answers (and some new questions) in upcoming Newsletters.
Last Newsletter’s questions and answers:
- Who is the big huggable giant in the Harry Potter series?
- How many labours did Heracles have to perform?
- Amelia Bedelia would often misunderstand tasks. What was her job?
- Who guarded the entrance to the Gryffindor Common Room?
- How did the kids learn about the Mysterious Benedict Society?
- Hagrid 2. Twelve 3. Maid/Servant 4. The Fat Lady 5. From an ad in a newspaper
A few helpful links:
Inaburra Senior Library website: https://inaburraseniorlibrary.weebly.com/
Inaburra Junior Library website: https://inaburrajuniorlibrary.weebly.com/
As well as borrowing from our physical collections, there is also an option to borrow books on our ePlatform (https://inaburra.wheelers.co/). Students can log in using their normal Inaburra credentials (the first part of their email address) and password. This is a great way to browse new and different texts – they even have an audio-book feature!