The All-rounder Scholarship is offered to students going into Year 7, Year 9 and Year 11 in accordance with Inaburra’s values: faith, knowledge, love, excellence, individual and community. This is in recognition that it is not just about ‘what’ you do, but also ‘how’ you do it, which is reflective of the ‘Inaburra way’.
It is awarded to students who are able to demonstrate an outstanding level of performance academically, demonstrating a commitment to study and high levels of involvement across three of the six categories listed below within a school or other context:
- Sporting excellence;
- Care for the community/environment;
- Application to study;
- Creative excellence (including art, dance,music and voice); and
- Christian commitment.
The application process for the All-rounder Scholarship comprises three steps:
- Submit a portfolio by Monday 8 February 2021. This should contain:
- A completed All-rounder Scholarship Application Form (this form will be made available when applications open on Tuesday 13 October 2020.
- Evidence to demonstrate the candidate’s track record across the three nominated categories. This may include, but is not limited to: references, certificates, awards, school programs, a selection of school reports etc;
- NAPLAN results (this is only applicable to those students applying for a scholarship with an entry of Year 7 and Year 9);
- Two most recent school reports; and
- A statement by the student outlining the possible ways in which they could serve Inaburra (please limit to one page).
All portfolios should be submitted to the attention of the Enrolments Officer, Ms Nicole Redmond, via main Reception off Billa Road, Bangor. Please ensure originals are not included in the portfolio, ie copies only. Portfolios will not be accepted via email.
- Complete an academic test through ACER. This will be conducted onsite at Inaburra, under examination conditions, on Saturday 27 February 2021, 8:30am – 11:45am.
The test will contain four key components:
- Written expression (25 minutes);
- Humanities – comprehension and interpretation (multiple choice, 40 minutes);
- Mathematics (multiple choice, 40 minutes); and
- Written expression (extended response, 25 minutes).
All applicants must be registered with ACER by Monday 8 February 2021. A fee of $95 (inc GST) will apply.
- Attend an interview with our Principal, Dr James Pietsch, by invitation only. These interviews, with select applicants, will be conducted from Monday 29 March 2021 and will be approximately 45 minutes in duration. Applicants will be required to discuss what they can bring to Inaburra, their skills, their views on life, their aspirations and why they should be considered for the All-rounder Scholarship.
All applicants will be advised in writing as to the success of their application by the close of April 2021. Should you have any questions regarding scholarships at Inaburra simply contact the Enrolments Officer, Ms Nicole Redmond, on 8525 2254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org