All-rounder Scholarship - Year 7 and Year 11
The All-rounder Scholarship is offered to students going into Year 7 and Year 11 in accordance with Inaburra’s values: faith, knowledge, love, excellence, individual and community. This is in recognition that it is not just about ‘what’ you do, but also ‘how’ you do it, which is reflective of the ‘Inaburra way’.
It is awarded to students who are able to demonstrate an outstanding level of performance academically, demonstrating a commitment to study and high levels of involvement across three of the six categories listed below within a school or other context:
- Sporting excellence;
- Care for the community/environment;
- Application to study;
- Creative excellence; and
- Christian commitment.
The application process for the All-rounder Scholarship comprises three steps:
Submit a portfolio by Friday 8 February 2019. This should contain:
- Complete All-rounder Scholarship Application Form
- Evidence to demonstrate the candidate’s track record across the three nominated categories. This may include, but is not limited to: references, certificates, awards, school programs, a selection of school reports etc.
- Year 5 NAPLAN results (this is only applicable to those students applying for a scholarship with an entry of Year 7);
- Two most recent school reports; and
- A statement outlining the possible ways in which you could be committed to serving Inaburra (please limit to one page).
All portfolios should be submitted to the attention of the Enrolments Officer, Ms Nicole Redmond, via main Reception off Billa Road, Bangor. Please ensure originals are not included in the portfolio, ie copies only. Portfolios will not be accepted via email.
Complete an academic test through ACER. This will be conducted onsite at Inaburra, under examination conditions, on Saturday 23 February 2019, 8:30am – 11:45am. The test will contain four key components:
- Written expression (25 minutes);
- Humanities – comprehension and interpretation (multiple choice, 40 minutes);
- Mathematics (multiple choice, 40 minutes); and
- Written expression (extended response, 25 minutes).
For more information regarding what each of these tests involve, how to prepare and what to bring on the day, simply click on the following link: https://www.acer.org/scholarship/parents
All applicants must be registered with ACER by Monday 4 February 2019. A fee of $95 (inc gst) will apply.
To register with ACER, simply click here and follow the prompts.
Attend an interview with our Principal, Dr James Pietsch, by invitation only. These interviews will be conducted from Monday 25 March 2019 and will be circa 45 minutes in duration. Applicants will be required to discuss what they can bring to Inaburra, their skills, their views on life, their aspirations and why they should be considered for the All-rounder Scholarship.
All applicants will be advised in writing as to the success of their application by the close of April 2019. Should you have any questions regarding scholarships at Inaburra simply contact the Enrolments Officer, Ms Nicole Redmond, on 8525 2254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org