The All-rounder Scholarship is offered to students going into Year 7 and Year 11 in accordance with Inaburra’s values: faith, knowledge, love, excellence, individual and community. This is in recognition that it is not just about ‘what’ you do, but also ‘how’ you do it, which is reflective of the ‘Inaburra way’.
It is awarded to students who are able to demonstrate an outstanding level of performance academically, demonstrating a commitment to study and high levels of involvement across three of the six categories listed below within a school or other context:
- Sporting excellence;
- Care for the community/environment;
- Application to study;
- Creative excellence; and
- Christian commitment.
The application process for the All-rounder Scholarship comprises three steps:
- Submit a portfolio by approximately Monday 3 February 2020. This should contain:
- Complete ‘All-rounder Scholarship Application Form’ – access to this form will be provided in Term 4 2019;
- Evidence to demonstrate the candidate’s track record across the three nominated categories. This may include, but is not limited to: references, certificates, awards, school programs, a selection of school reports etc.
- Year 5 NAPLAN results (this is only applicable to those students applying for a scholarship with an entry of Year 7);
- Two most recent school reports; and
- A statement outlining the possible ways in which you could be committed to serving Inaburra (please limit to one page).
All portfolios should be submitted to the attention of the Enrolments Officer, Ms Nicole Redmond, via main Reception off Billa Road, Bangor. Please ensure originals are not included in the portfolio, ie copies only. Portfolios will not be accepted via email.
- Complete an academic test through ACER. This will be conducted onsite at Inaburra, under examination conditions, on approximately Saturday 29 February 2020, 8:30am – 11:45am (exact timing will be advised by ACER at the close of August 2019 at which point we will update this site and provide guidance on how to register for this test). The test will contain four key components:
- Written expression (25 minutes);
- Humanities – comprehension and interpretation (multiple choice, 40 minutes);
- Mathematics (multiple choice, 40 minutes); and
- Written expression (extended response, 25 minutes).
All applicants must be registered with ACER by approximately Monday 3 February 2020 (exact timing will be advised by ACER at the close of August 2019 at which point we will update this site). A fee of approximately $95 (inc gst) will apply.
- Attend an interview with our Principal, Dr James Pietsch, by invitation only. These interviews will be conducted from approximately Monday 23 March 2020 (exact timing will be provided on this site in Term 4 2019) and will be circa 45 minutes in duration. Applicants will be required to discuss what they can bring to Inaburra, their skills, their views on life, their aspirations and why they should be considered for the All-rounder Scholarship.
All applicants will be advised in writing as to the success of their application by the close of April 2020. Should you have any questions regarding scholarships at Inaburra simply contact the Enrolments Officer, Ms Nicole Redmond, on 8525 2254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org