Welcome back to school – Happy Term 2!
There is lots happening in the Junior and Senior Library spaces through this term, with excursions out to Sydney Writers’ Festival and our annual Junior School Book Fair in the mix. Look out for more information in upcoming Newsletters and notes home.
The Library staff are doing a callout for any parent volunteers who would like to contribute some of their time to helping with Library jobs such as covering books (onsite or at home), shelving, and other project-based activities such as organising resources and helping at the Book Fair.
If you are interested, please contact Mrs You.
Literary Family Fun
New questions to get you talking:
- What was Mr Scrooge’s first name in Charles Dickens’ book A Christmas Carol?
- What is the name of Spot the dog’s mother?
- Small Steps was the story about which character from Holes two years after his release?
- Whose mother conducted experiments where children were severed from their daemons?
- What Greek monster asked riddles?
Last Newsletter’s questions and answers:
- In Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen who was the prejudiced character?
- Who was the sister of Zeus as well as being his wife?
- What aspect of math would a Rithmatist need to be good at?
- How many books are there in the Earthsea series?
- In what book do children supposedly smell like dog’s droppings?
- Mr Darcy 2. Hera 3.Geography/trigonometry 4. Six 5. The Witches (Roald Dahl)
Look out for the answers (and some new questions) in upcoming Newsletters.
A few helpful links:
Inaburra Senior Library website: https://inaburraseniorlibrary.weebly.com/
Inaburra Junior Library website: https://inaburrajuniorlibrary.weebly.com/
As well as borrowing from our physical collections, there is also an option to borrow books on our ePlatform (https://inaburra.wheelers.co/). Students can log in using their normal Inaburra credentials (the first part of their email address) and password. This is a great way to browse new and different texts – they even have an audio-book feature!
Mrs Emily You
K-12 Library Coordinator