Special Library Visits
Year 4 and Year 6 will be visiting the Stage 3 and Senior Libraries respectively in their Library lessons in Weeks 7 and 8, so that they are prepared for what the new year of literary learning will look like in 2024.
K-6 Return of All Loans
Thank you for your help in preparing for K-4 Library Stocktake and Stage 3 Library Genrefying (this means moving from an alphabetical organisation of books to a genre-based order). This will be happening in Weeks 7 and 8. ALL books loaned out to K-6 students must be returned. Most loans have now been returned, but if a printout has come home with your child, please search thoroughly for these resources and return them once you have found them.
If any resources are lost, please contact Library staff directly to begin replacement procedures.
Holiday borrowing will occur in Weeks 8-9 after Stocktake and Genrefying.
7-12 Clearance Day Reminders
Thank you to all students and families who diligently searched for and returned loaned items during Clearance Days across Weeks 5 and 6.
If your child is yet to complete the Clearance Process as they were absent, please send them directly to or contact the Library staff. All outstanding items are now being followed up.
The Library staff appreciates the support you have shown with making Clearance Days run smoothly, as this allows us to be good stewards of the resources we have in our school and maintain a well-kept collection for future students to use in their learning.
Literary Family Fun
New questions to get you talking:
1. ‘Two households both alike in dignity…’ is the opening line of which famous play?
2. What is the BFG’s solo food diet?
3. What is the chapter one title of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone?
4. What is the last name of Michael, Peter and Wendy?
5. What bird has the same name as Zeus’s mother?
Look out for the answers (and some new questions) in upcoming Newsletters.
Last Newsletter’s questions and answers:
1. Who was known as The Bard of Avon?
2. In the poem The Night Before Christmas what item of clothing was left out by the chimney?
3. What type of creature is Mrs O’Leary in the Percy Jackson series?
4. How many witches appear in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz?
5. Which yellow and black character is Optimus Prime’s right-hand man?
1. Shakespeare 2. Stockings (socks is acceptable!) 3. Hellhound (dog) 4. Four 5. Bumblebee
Mrs Emily You
K-12 Library Coordinator