Inaburra Parents & Friends build community, is a conduit for parent information and education, raises funds and supports the school in its activities. For a full list of current activities led by the Parents & Friends please refer the School Calendar. Below is a list of key dates for 2018:
- Outdoor Movie Night: Saturday 7 April 7:00pm Basketball Courts
- Mother’s Day Breakfast: Wednesday 2 May 7:30am COLA
- Mother’s Day Stall: Wednesday 2 May PAC Servery
- Inaburra Open Day and Fete: Saturday 12 May 9:00-3:00pm
- ‘A Night in Hollywood’ Fundraising Dinner: Friday 17 August 7:30pm Doltone House Sylvania Waters
- Father’s Day BBQ: Wednesday 22 August 7:30am COLA
- Father’s Day Stall: Wednesday 22 August PAC Servery
- Junior School Parent/Teacher Celebration: 16 November 7:00pm Hazelhurst Gallery
The Parents & Friends welcome involvement from everyone in the school community and look forward to their participation at meetings and events.
Twice a term Parents & Friends hold evening and afternoon events to give parents and caregivers a forum to find out more about the school and take the opportunity to ask questions of the School Principal and other senior staff.
The topics in previous meetings have included Global Education at Inaburra, Innovative Practice and Meet The New Teachers.
The School Principal or his representative is present at all meetings for Q&A. The Parent Meetings in 2018 are on Tuesday evenings and Friday afternoons. Please see refer to the School Calendar for more details. Below is a list of dates for 2018:
- Tuesday 27 February – 7:00pm for 7:30pm start – Room 321
- Friday 13 April – 1:30pm – PAC Servery – Principal’s Q&A followed by End-of-Term Coffee and Cake
- Tuesday 5 June – 6:45pm for 7:00pm start – Room 321
- Friday 29 June – 1:00pm – PAC Servery – Principal’s Q&A followed by End-of-Term Coffee and Cake
- Tuesday 31 July – 6:45pm for 7:00pm start – Room 321
- Friday 14 September – 1:00pm – PAC Servery – Principal’s Q&A
- Tuesday 23 October – 6:45pm for 7:00pm start – AGM – Room 321
- Friday 23 November – 1:00pm – PAC Servery – Principal’s Q&A
The Executive Committee
President: Barbara Curtis
Vice President: Ruth Wernick
Secretary: Dani Tardent
Treasurer: Sajal Lodhia
Community Support Group
Junior School Parent Co-ordinator: Dotte Derrickson
Senior School Parent Co-ordinator: Amanda Drury
Community Events Co-ordinator: Meredith Laverty
Fundraising Support Group
Fete Co-ordinator: Michelle Yee (with Amanda Drury)
Event Co-ordinator: Ruth Wernick and Jen Bosilkovski
General Support Group
Debbie Alvarez, Paula Linton and Susie Mitevski
For further information please email the Parents & Friends Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org
NSW Parent Council
Inaburra School is associated with the NSW Parent Council . The Council exists to represent the interests of parents of independent school children. Inaburra parents are welcome to use the Council’s resources on their website.
The Inaburra Fete fundraiser is coordinated by the Inaburra Parents & Friends Association and runs concurrently with Open Day. This is a fun family event and a great chance to discover and experience our unique community.
Find out more about the Inaburra Fete here.
A Night in Hollywood - Fundraising Dinner
Sparkle on the red carpet beneath the bright lights of ‘Hollywood’. The Parents & Friends annual fundraising gala dinner is a highlight of the school calendar and a night not to be missed. The major prize in the lucky dip ‘Balloon Pop’ is a luxury stay at Pier One Sydney Harbour including dinner, valet parking and breakfast for two, valued at $3000.
Friday 17 August from 7:30pm – Midnight
Doltone House, Sylvania Waters