Inaburra has an outstanding co-curricular program in music with a strong emphasis on performance from K-12 with opportunity for students of all levels of ability to be involved in music making. Within the school there are two stage bands, four concert bands, three choirs and two percussion ensembles. The Senior Stage Band performs at the Noosa Jazz festival each year where they have earned enviable reputation for the quality of their performances. The Senior Concert Band has toured Tasmania, the Gold Coast, New Zealand and the USA with the A Capella Choir and Stage Band. All school ensembles perform regularly throughout the year both at school and in the wider community and in competitions and festivals.
Music is a performing art and as such we place a high emphasis on the development of skill in this area. We also have a number of events throughout the year aimed at encouraging and inspiring young musicians. These include:
- Concerts in combination with touring orchestras
- Elective music performance nights
- Grandparents’ Day
- Lunchtime performances and concerts for students
- National and international tours
- Open Day / Fete performances
- Peripatetic performance nights
- Presentation events
- Workshops with professional musicians from the SSO and similar ensembles
The school employs professional tutors and teachers to support students.
Where required, the school also offers private music tuition. Please click here to book a tutor.